Water trickling from well head?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slam1484

Reaction score
First time poster here.

Bought a new house in CT with a typical well that has a well head/cap about 1-2 feet above the ground.

After a big rainstorm a week ago, a trickle/stream of water began leaking out around the cap. Pretty much a constant stream like a leaky faucet. This occurred independent of whether the well pump was on. There have been no water color/pressure issues in the house. After a couple days of nice weather, the trickle completely stopped for about a day or so. Then, it resumed again out of nowhere, about the same intensity.

It has now been several days and it is still ongoing. We had another big storm so a ton more rain. I am in a lower lying wetlands type area.

Is this something that can happen normally, perhaps the result of a high water table, heavy rain, etc. Or is this something that likely requires servicing?

Thanks all!

Did you take the cap off and look if it was actually the well? Or was it coming through the electrical conduit?

Did you take the cap off and look if it was actually the well? Or was it coming through the electrical conduit?

I did not remove the cap. It kind of looks like it is coming from both but I can't tell if the water is just rolling down the electrical conduit. I've attached two pictures from the videos I took of it. Hopefully more helpful than my description.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20180309-133130.jpg

Screenshot_20180309-133115.jpg

Latest posts

Back