Water trickles in toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffG

Reaction score
I have this problem for several weeks now with water trickling in from the tank into the bowl, after a few minutes the water valve turns on and fills the tank back up. I have replaced the flapper which didn't solve the problem. I have also replaced the flapper valve and tank to bowl gasket and the water is still trickling and the water valve is still running when the tanks gets a little low. I'm not sure what else I can do to resolve the issue.

FYI - I replaced the water fill valve about 6 months ago with a fluidmaster universal kit and it I didn't have the problem until about 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas what might be causing the water to trickle? How I can fix it?

Thanks!

Take apart the fill valve assembly and clean it to see if that will help. Also, clean the lip around the drain where the flapper sits, clean the flapper edges where they touch the lip, and make sure that it is seating properly.

Fluidmaster fill valve comes with a clip to connect the refill tube to the top of the overflow. Make sure you use it. If you stuck the refill tube down inside the overflow it will siphon water out of the tank.

Latest posts

Back