Water Shut Off Valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New valve looks to be pro press
Correct. Was a little sceptical when I watched the plumber install, but after some research them seem to be preferred. Likely due to the same issue I'm having right now. Water in the pipes...no problem. Lol

Ya know, we come in here to help others. Nobody is paid, including me, and the hostility is really not warranted nor needed. As Rodney King eloquently said (if this is possible), "Can't we all just get along?"
Yes, no hostility please. I truly value and appreciate everyone comments. I do believe I'm going to try this one more time and allow the water to drain for at least an hour if necessary. I find it highly unlikely this new valve is faulty and if so, I will be calling the company that installed it 2 weeks ago for almost $300 and have them come back out. This "issue" is more of an inconvenience than anything. No water leaking into my house and the bathroom currently doesn't get used at the moment anyway. Gonna be a total gut and renovation. Which is why I don't want to rebuild old faulty valves, but replace with new instead. Just gotta get the damn water to stop running. Lol. I will hopefully be posting a few photos of my finished work in the coming weeks.

I love to get along.:) I just have a problem with people "name calling" (not a onetime thing). Positive information, or ideas, not "that's crap" or whoever did that's a jerk. What's done is done. Ideas of how to fix it or help the poster is whats needed.
I'm 72 and have been a professional handynan for 46 years and counting. That doesn't make me better than anybody else, but it does give me a lot of experience to look back on.
Sorry guys and gals!

Yes, no hostility please. I truly value and appreciate everyone comments. I do believe I'm going to try this one more time and allow the water to drain for at least an hour if necessary. I find it highly unlikely this new valve is faulty and if so, I will be calling the company that installed it 2 weeks ago for almost $300 and have them come back out. This "issue" is more of an inconvenience than anything. No water leaking into my house and the bathroom currently doesn't get used at the moment anyway. Gonna be a total gut and renovation. Which is why I don't want to rebuild old faulty valves, but replace with new instead. Just gotta get the damn water to stop running. Lol. I will hopefully be posting a few photos of my finished work in the coming weeks.
For the valves under the sink, cut them off and put compression ones on. You don't have to wait for the drips to come to a complete stop. A small drip into a pan, pot, or towel should allow you the fortitude to change them without damage. I have done it. Just prep everything and have in place before you start.

For the valves under the sink, cut them off and put compression ones on. You don't have to wait for the drips to come to a complete stop. A small drip into a pan, pot, or towel should allow you the fortitude to change them without damage. I have done it. Just prep everything and have in place before you start.
Well...with a little more patience, I was able to finally get this project done. Solder job is a little sloppy, but this was my first time sweating anything on. Now on to the funa and exspensive part of remodeling. Thanks again for everyone's help. 20200801_121749.jpg20200801_142109.jpg20200801_135211.jpg

Attachments

• 20200801_135211.jpg
    20200801_135211.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Those appear to be very neat soldering jobs, especially for a novice!
Did you forget to install the chrome escutcheons before attaching the valves?

Those appear to be very neat soldering jobs, especially for a novice!
Did you forget to install the chrome escutcheons before attaching the valves?
Didn't forget. Was unwilling to make a home depot run to get them. 😆Somehow escaped my list when buying the valves. Going to use a split ones instead. Not the best looking, but will do the job.

Latest posts

Back