water shut off and hose bibb

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolfans

Reaction score
We had a inspector look at another place today. Somethings he saidwas about the shut off and hose bibb. The handle on the pressure tank was broken and hose bibb was off. How hard would it be to fix the handle? What are hose bibb. It says the units are not secured to the foundation walls as intended Not securing can create a stain on the lines and cause a leak. Have a draniage question also on that forum and thanks

Hose bibb , hydrant , spigot are basically the same, an outside water valve to connect a water hose. I am assuming the inspector is talking about the hose bibbs are not secured to the home/foundation. If you can't find a hose bibb handle at a hardware store , the hose bibb should be farily easy to replace. Not sure what handle you are talking about on the pressure tank.

Last edited:
I met with the owner and said he will fix this. It did not have out side water faucet and he added both at front and back of the house. He said he will use putty/bondo type stuff to fill in the hole in the wall will this work

Not saying it CAN'T work, but my experience with attempting such repairs is that the epoxy/putty/bondo doesn't seem to hold up over time. I prefer a solid mechanical fix.

I agree with phishfood - post a pic or two and we will give you a better solution than putty/bondo to secure the hose bibbs

Back