Water shooting out from shut off valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clunt22

Reaction score
This morning we woke up to a running water noise. When we got up to check it out water was shooting out from under the sink. The shut off valve had come off the hose. It has gone through the walls and into our bathroom. The bathrooms back up to one another. My questions are 1. is it normal for a shut off valve to come undone? (house is going on 7 years) 2. What are our steps in fixing this? 3. Should we worry about the water inside the floor btwn the two rooms? We have 4 children and HAVE to have water since we have a 2 month old in the house. ANY help on this subject matter would be appreciated.

The first thing I would do is shut off the water, contact my insurance company and get a qualified clean up company in there to remove the water before it turns into mold.

these do not ever that i've seen come off on their own, perhaps a faulty crimp ring or connection. I have seen brass fittings fail before though .

I have seen these connections come loose before, but always because of faulty installation, and always within a short time after being put into service, never after years in service.

Which side of the supply valve came loose, the faucet side or the supply side?

What kind of piping material?

Latest posts

Back