Water pump in my RV

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
This was probably the closest section to be posting this but in my RV my water pump can wake the dead. It is a 2005 Thor trailer and the pump works fine but if someone has to use the rest room at night than every is gonna be awake. It sounds like it is vibrating on the wall but it is not moving at all. I am lost here. Does anyone make one that may be smoother or should I try to mount mine somewhere else?

Is it the water pump or a macerator for the toilet? Macerators are very noisy, but the water pumps shouldn't be that bad. The Shurflo's and some of their cousins are a piston type pump that do vibrate. Maybe it's where they have it mounted that's making it so noisy. Try nailing it down to the main frame of the trailer instead of a wall maybe.

Is it the water pump or a macerator for the toilet? Macerators are very noisy, but the water pumps shouldn't be that bad. The Shurflo's and some of their cousins are a piston type pump that do vibrate. Maybe it's where they have it mounted that's making it so noisy. Try nailing it down to the main frame of the trailer instead of a wall maybe.

It is the water pump and it is mounted to a very thin piece of wall. Once it gets a little warmer I will see if I have enough hose to move it to the floor and give tha a try.

Latest posts

Back