Water pipe "bursting" like drain "bursting".

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generosity shouldn't circumvent the code, rough in, service, or remodel, helping someone out or not, as a plumber you know not to supply a house with 1/2" especially a 500ft run.

But just my 2 cents, you couldn't of expected good feedback from that post lmao.

Anyway, back to the OP. Did you check out Spartan? Is that the kind of tool your thinking of? I've never used Trenchless, but it seems cool.

It worked. And still working. Let y'all know if anything fails. I will admit now I shouldn't have. I will admit when it leaks and do it right. Hopefully with the new tool. Again for free. But next month and till I perfect the technique they will have plenty of water and $35 monthly water. No sewer small town cheap water.

Only feedback I expected from people who know what it's like to get an answer you didn't ask. I really thought the question would be focused on.

How fast yours fill with 1/2" supply? You don't magically gain flow thru same size diameter.

Lmao. [emoji28]

We've all went around the code before, wether to save time or money, but posting something like that will get everyone riled up.

Anyway, yeah that Spartan tool is high as giraffe p****. I'm not sure of alternatives, that's just kind of the standard it seems.

I may eventually get one, not sure if it would be worth it though, as of now I'm having to buy a new camera, took a dump today.

Last edited:
How fast yours fill with 1/2" supply? You don't magically gain flow thru same size diameter.

I don't have a tub but you are not understanding how you lose gpm and volume with length. A 30' run of 1/2" off a 3/4" main loses much less volume and gpm than a 500' run. Just because you are reducing size does not mean you are losing all that much gpm. It is all in the length of the run.

Also I am on a well producing 25 gpm at 55 psi and I supply my house with a 1" supply line. I also supply my property with a 2" supply line to keep volume up so everything runs well with no issues.

I don't have a tub but you are not understanding how you lose gpm and volume with length. A 30' run of 1/2" off a 3/4" main loses much less volume and gpm than a 500' run. Just because you are reducing size does not mean you are losing all that much gpm. It is all in the length of the run.

It working. There's my proof.

Show me your on site work proof. My end is currently being proven that it's fine. I got a 1000' roll on way. For stock. But I will plug into my wall hydrant. We will see. Roll or straight 1000' is 1000'.

Lmao. [emoji28]

We've all went around the code before, wether to save time or money, but posting something like that will get everyone riled up.

Anyway, yeah that Spartan tool is high as giraffe p****. I'm not sure of alternatives, that's just kind of the standard it seems.

I may eventually get one, not sure if it would be worth it though, as of now I'm having to buy a new camera, took a dump today.

Thank you. I told the story to explain I needed tool. Then asked about tool so I wouldn't have to do it again. And make lots of money.

Lol no I used science. Lines in house 1/2" soon as it enters. Then headed towards meter starts 1" runs 600' connects to this new argument runs 500' then back to 1" to a 5/8" meter then a2" city main from there it's about 6 miles by road to a 6" city then another 3 miles to a 500' 1.5 million gallon gravity tank. So the science says poke a hole in bottom of tank teeny tiny and then hook up 90 miles of 1/2". This house is much lower in elevation. Gravity says that pipe will always have 14 gpm then 1" line with 30-45 gpm. Pick a length.
My proof. It works right now. Please show me or explain your real world proof. I beg you to tell me about a text book. Then I will know what kind of plumber I am dealing with.

No I won't buy a Pito. I got a 5 gallon bucket , stop watch and a calculator. Fill bucket observe watch when bucket is full check watch do the math. Residential homes at most have 3-4 faucets at a time. 1.6 gpm each shower 2.2gpm. Dishwasher 5 gpm toilet 5 gallon per minute. How many faucets you need on at one given time? I challenge . Take a 20' length of 2" and 1/2". Supply both with pressure water. Plumb them and turn on water. You will notice the 2" just bubbles over maybe 2-3". But the 1/2" will be shooting into sky 20-30'. It's like a water ram. The water absorbs shock and reacts. 1/2" line has no resistance with excess water. Here in this town a meter is 5/8" diameter. I don't care if you leave house side without pipe. You will only get 20 gpm thru that meter. I choked down by 5 gpm. Look at pipe. 1/4" difference around total circumference. Each direction is only 1/16" difference.even less considering the 5/8" meter.

I am not a plumber at all.

I already told you what my profession is.

I work in the real world and not out of any text book.

We have to test flows and volumes for our work all the time which is why I am familiar with it. The only proper way of getting an accurate flow on anything is to use a pito tube and multiply the reading by psi and port opening.

We already know you can hook up fifty miles of 1/2" pipe to a water source and get water out of the other end.

What is the psi at that house and what is the ID of the pipe used?

Take your 2" and 1/2" pipe off that same 5/8" meter and run them 500' then reduce both down to 1/4" and tell me which one shoots farther? It will be the one off the 2". There is more math behind this than you are willing to accept.

Next question is the meter a disc or turbine?

Why would a city run a 2" main? That is unheard of but will still work.

Small town with a lot of back roads. I went this morning to recheck. Running pressure at back hydrant with shower and kitchen running I had 65 psi running. The more I take the more that 1 million gallon tank has in reserve.

Next question is the meter a disc or turbine?

Why would a city run a 2" main? That is unheard of but will still work.

Small town they might hit 10 houses in that 2 miles. I dunno disc or turbine. I can pull the Meyer counter dial straight off. And still be running water. So it's some sort of magnetic field. Sorry to rant on you earlier. Residential usually isn't that meticulous. Even the city guys will just open line and count to a minute and look straight at meter and tell you that's a rough guess then ask how much water you need?

Small town with a lot of back roads. I went this morning to recheck. Running pressure at back hydrant with shower and kitchen running I had 65 psi running. The more I take the more that 1 million gallon tank has in reserve.

sorry, do not believe it

65 psi at meter, with a 600' run of 1/2'' pex

and you say a shower and kitchen sink running

and you have 65 psi at the back hose bib ?

thIVBI39C8.jpg

Latest posts

Back