Water ocassionally drips under toilet tank lid

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titans26

Reaction score
Occasionally I've noticed one or two drips coming from under the toilet tank lid and sliding down the outside of the tank. I've included a pic showing the condensation inside the toilet tank. Is this happening because it has been so hot lately or is it something else? And what can I do to fix it? Thanks!20200728_233039.jpg

Take the lid off and flush the toilet to see if water is spraying from the fill valve or hose. I'd love to see where the end of that black hose is going. This is all to rule out condensation.

Thanks for the reply. Nothing sprays that I can see. But I included a pic of the end of the black hose while water is refilling. 20200731_080518.jpg

Also, I havent changed anything inside the toilet in awhile, though we did have to get the house repiped recently (long story). Not sure why that would have any affect though.

It looks like condensate to me. I've seen folks run a thick bead of silicone on the inside if the tank lid so moisture will drip back into the tank, rather flow down and out the outside of the tank. We in So Cal never have to deal with this, so maybe you can pick up ideas from the experts who deal with this often?

Back