Water leak in subterranean garage, please advise!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shibby

Reaction score
Hi-

I noticed today that there appeared to be a water leak in the ceiling of our subterranean garage. See pics please:

IMG_0535(1).jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

In the first pic is the actual leak. Notice the area of the leak circled in blue has what seems to be an area that is patched with concrete. What is that? Is there some kind of overflow pipe thats covered with that patched concrete? Also the adjacent area (also circled in blue) has these small pipe vents as well. Are these some kind of overflow vent?

In the second pic circled in red are actual drainage pipes for the toilet and sink, which lie directly above the leaking area. I should note that over 6 years ago, a similar wet patch formed in the sink drainage pipe area and a plumber looked at it and mentioned it didnt need to be fixed and was likely an overflow issue.

This current leak has droplets of water dripping about one every few minutes. I just turned off our home water source and will observe to see if the active dripping resolves.

I should also note that the night before I did use the sink directly above that wet area quite heavily because I was washing out an aquarium fish bowl.

Inspection of the bathroom area directly above that leak show NO signs of any active leak nor was it recently flooded in any way.

Could this wet area just be some excess water drain overflow?? or is there some blockage and/or water pipe leak?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
There could be a bad wax seal on the toilet.

Or a leak in the shower or tub drain, or from someone letting water escape during a shower.

Latest posts

Back