Water in Sink goes down very slow

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhoj

Reaction score
About two years ago we remodeled our bathroom and put in a new countertop with a sink all in one unit.
Than I put a new Kohler Faucet in and ever since the water goes down very slow.
I have talked to Kohler and they told me that it is not the drain on the faucet, the sink.

All other drains work OK.

What can I do to get this problem fixed?

If this is the case why do they make countertops and sinks all in one unit?
Since they told me that it does not have an overflow vent on them.

These countertops have been out for how many years and this is a problem and they do not know the problem. I find this hard to believe.

Make sure drain line is clear also check the adjustment on pop-up assembly also check to make sur tail piece on drain is not pushed to far into p-trap. the faucet is not going to make your sink drain fast or slow

Not to ask a dum question, but can you explain this in laymans langue ( check the adjustment on pop-up assembly also check to make sure tail piece on drain is not pushed to far into p-trap ) ?

Since I am not a plumber.

To make sure tail piece on drain is not pushed to far into p-trap. Just how far should it be in the p-trap?

Check the adjustment on pop-up assembly. I have put it in the lowest hole on the pop-up assembly and it does not make any differance what hole I put it in the pop-up stopper stays at the same level, you would think that it would raise higher in the last hole on the adjustment. But it does not make any differance where you put it.

I only wish I could get it to work so the water will go down when you run the water.

If I push up and down on the pop-up stoper it will drain out faster after about 5 to 10 times pushing up and down on it. Any answers to this problem?

Remove the stopper from the drain assembly, resecure pivot rod (stopper lift rod) to drain assembly, place a rag in stopper hole to fill the sink with water, remove rag to see how water drains, if it drains good try rotating the stopper 180 degree when reinstalling ,the pivot rod has to be long enough for this to work. make sure the pivot rod is at it's lowest point when the stopper is in the open position.

Back