Water heater vs hot water heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife found that. She got tired of me poking fun at people that needed help with a hot water heater. Lol

So everyone wants to us to fix then wait for payment. I about to put a sticker on my truck “ parts in my hand , checks in your hands”. Homeowners can thank their corporate bosses and contractors for our high pricing. I am not poking at home owners. I am punching stupid contractors and commercial corporate companies. The supply house gives me 30 days to pay bill, yes. But the gas bill doesn’t. My employees don’t. My insurance don’t. My bank for truck don’t. So I have to collect more and make an even pay rate across board. So if your a corporate contractor , then your the most selfish of all. If I give an estimate. Then you have until I show up to fetch a check and bring to job. Asking me to meet you 3 days later isn’t accounted for and I just lost another couple hundred waiting on you. So to sum it up. If you want respect as a hhomeowner from service companies. Then pay when they done. We can’t mail the labor next week when you finally decide to get checks out. And when the contractor is in middle. I can’t go to homeowner and say hey I done you got a check? Yeah even 1 day sucks. I gotta stop making money to come find you. My estimates will start including a clause. We don’t start till the check is in your pocket and you are on site. Then ,maybe ,if everyone gets on board ,then we can lower our prices from having to cater to your stupid accounting schedule That your multi million dollar vendor gives you time for. We aren’t multi million. We are multi per day jobs and everyone wants to pay next week. So I will fix it next week. NEED A SNORKEL IN THE MEAN TIME?

Sry just had to tell someone this was on my chest. Friday morning stress. Y’all be safe have a Good Friday

Just purchased a nuvien tankless natural gas. On the box and on the instructions it says can be connected to a 24’ 1/2” gas line. And the 3/4 male connection has 1/2” female threads. This blows my mind. Can 1/2” really supply 199,000 btu? I putting on 3/4 but just had pondering if anyone has messed with this brand? First time due to my lack of properly ordering a rinnai in time.

I always bring 3/4 to a navien then go with 3/4 x 1/2 t. i have seen 1/2 inch run with no issues but it just doesnt seem like it would work.

Ok we did bring 3/4 all the way just to be safe but in some houses. This could prevent extra charges for gas line so just being curious. Thx mike

Hey mike have you ever done the lp conversion? We had to on this one and did as instructed but I don’t have the testers they want to adjust air to gas ratio. Has that even been an issue or them just being safe?

I have done conversion before. im not saying its the right way but if i have to adjust i inrease or decrease pressure till flame looks good blue with yellow tip. proper way is with manometer but ive never had any issues

Back