Water Heater Replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumbD

Reaction score
WH died in June. I qualify for a program to replace it for free. Guy comes out and disqualifies me because the water pressure is too high he says (guy with a tude who just dqed me for spite). I had it reassessed and approved. Still no install. I can get one at HD for $500 (eventually) but RR told me it would cost $2000 to upgrade it which isn't going to happen. HD told me they don't care about pressure they just install the thing. If I get a handyman how much would it cost to install and can I do it without cutting the pressure in half which I won't do. (IF necessary, I want to regulate just to the WH NOT to the whole water supply coming in).

No you wanna regulate the whole house. Save your toilet valves. But install a regulator. Set at 80psi. That’s our code maximum here in Tn. But your shower heads from factory have restrictor plates that only allow so much pressure thru. So beyond 75-80 your prematurely tearing up your seals in every faucet you use. Without any perk now.

When I had my new WH installed it was only like $250 for installation. Just for them cleaning up and taking the old WH with them was worth it for me. If it had been a lot more I would have done it myself.

The maximum Static pressure allowed by code, in a house in California, is 80 psi.

If you had it reassessed and approved, why still no install?

What does this mean?..."I can get one at HD for $500 (eventually) but RR told me it would cost $2000 to upgrade..."

The maximum Static pressure allowed by code, in a house in California, is 80 psi.

If you had it reassessed and approved, why still no install?

What does this mean?..."I can get one at HD for $500 (eventually) but RR told me it would cost $2000 to upgrade..."
Home Depot. Roto Rooter.

handyman can install it for tacos and beer but why take the risk?you get what you pay for.as for only decreasing your pressure in hot water pipes it is possible.just install prv before tank,(say hello to future highwater problems)what is youre current pressure?

Latest posts

Back