Water Heater Piping Noise

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corganer

Reaction score
I have a gas water heater and furnace in a condo unit. I have been hearing what I would call "clicking" noises when the furnace and water heater run. The noises almost sound like water hitting ducts. This could be it ...but ...

The noise comes from below through the floor and about 12 feet away from the furnace and water heater ...right before the bathroom. I put my ear down on the floor to listen to the noise. The noise sounds almost as if it has a recoil on it. Like it makes the noise hitting ...then makes a small noise going back. They are semi-random and I "believe" it is mainly from the water heater being on. The noises only happen when appliance is running.

Any guesses?

My opinion is that the noise is coming from the expanding pipes as they heat up, and the pipes are not secured down as well as they should be.

I think you should drink more whiskey before going to bed. This will do two things. You will sleep sound enough as to not hear the noise and it won't bother you. It will also cause you to snore louder and your wife won't hear it either.

And I agree, it's likely expansion.

haha! Thank you for the reply. I will most likely look into the whiskey thing ;)

Hello
I think noise is coming from the pipes due to high pressure if your pipes are older then i advice you to change

Thank you

Back