Water Heater Pipe Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a close up of two pipes. One drips when the AC is on, which is normal, and I believe the other one is for the high pressure relief valve from the water heater, correct?

DSC06450.jpg

That is a heat recovery system. They do save energy cost's when they're working correctly.

I'm gonna have it bypassed and disconnect. The line to this runs underneath the house and if that were ever to leak it would be a big problem. Just like the AC line, it use to run underneath the house and when it started to leak I had to have it bypassed through the outside of the house up to the attic.

I step away from the forum for a few minutes and look what happens.:rolleyes: Guess that got figured out real fast.:D

I'm gonna have it bypassed and disconnect. The line to this runs underneath the house and if that were ever to leak it would be a big problem. Just like the AC line, it use to run underneath the house and when it started to leak I had to have it bypassed through the outside of the house up to the attic.

I hit the like button by mistake. Your heat pump unit is only a 10 seer (efficient rating) - the evaporator coil rating may be less. You should have an HVAC guy out to see is the heat recovery unit is working before disconnecting. I agree with John, if the unit is working it will help on energy cost.

I hit the like button by mistake. Your heat pump unit is only a 10 seer (efficient rating) - the evaporator coil rating may be less. You should have an HVAC guy out to see is the heat recovery unit is working before disconnecting. I agree with John, if the unit is working it will help on energy cost.

I have a HVAC guy coming over before the new water heater arrives. He has worked on my AC unit of couple of times. I had to order the new WH cause it wasn't in stock at Lowes. This is what I ordered: U.S.Craftmaster 65 Gallon 12-year Tall Electric Water Heater Model# ES2J65HD045V It had some pretty good reviews.

Testing this photo upload to see if it uploads correctly using Chrome browser. It would post the tall photos in landscape mode.

DSC06411.jpg

Back