Water heater not igniting resulting in no water pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meghan_theMegster

Reaction score
I have 2 Rinnai tankless heaters. One is working properly and the other threw an error code that means it’s not igniting. The broken heater supplies water to the kitchen and guest bathroom. There is no water coming out of the kitchen faucet at all. The guest bathroom faucet and tub only has cold water coming out; when the hot water lever is only turned on, no water comes out.

Turning on the washing machine for a hot water only wash, no water comes out. The only time water comes out is by switching to a cold water wash.

Tankless heaters are new to me. What’s the reason why the kitchen faucet doesn’t have any water? Shouldn’t water come out from hot and cold water levers even though the heater’s not working?

Meg

The Rinnai has a filter at the cold water inlet. This could be clogged.

Is it possible you have frozen pipes ?

I see you’re in Tx. Probably a freeze up. Where is the heater located ?

The Rinnai has a filter at the cold water inlet. This could be clogged.

Is it possible you have frozen pipes ?

I see you’re in Tx. Probably a freeze up. Where is the heater located ?

The heaters are installed outside just like the other homes. The house is less than 1 yr old. And yes, this is the result of the snowmageddon. As far as I know, no frozen pipes...hopefully it will stay that way.

Weird thing is everything was working perfectly the day before, then recently this happened.

You have frozen pipes. Water should still flow even if the heater isn’t firing.

The reason the heater isn’t firing is probably because it’s not getting flow.

The answer is to thaw your pipes. That’s my best theory.

Latest posts

Back