Water heater fire

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassix

Reaction score
The only way I could figure out to put a picture of it up is to put it as my profile picture . I have pictures of it but I can't figure out how to post pictures on here so I'll just ask about it. So my buddy was complaining that he had no hot water in the shower then asked me to look at his water heater. So I went to check it out and I opened up the top and the thermostat on the element looks fine. I opened up the bottom and there was obviously a spark in a fire down there because the thermostat was pretty much unrecognizable it was just a Charged piece of plastic and the plastic was all melted and the wires were all melted and it look like one of the ground wires had a really loose connection and somehow it cause a spark which cause a fire. This is on a electric water heater by the way. Anyway, I took the thermostat out and the wires are pretty sketchy but I think I could get a rebuild kit and put that in there because the element is still fine but what would be better if I just replace the whole water heater or if I try to maybe rewire it and replace the thermostats and elements? What do you guys think? Also, what would you guys charge for the whole job of fixing it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back