water from under rim of toilet bowl

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zed032

Reaction score
Hello all,

I installed a new toilet, a mansfield pro fit 1. Upon installation I noticed that there is a very small amount of water dripping from a few of the under rim weep holes that supply water to the bowl. No running sound. I did the food color test, no water coming from flush valve. I turned water supply off, and water still gently weeps from a few inlets.

Strangely enough the toilet I replaced, a Gerber from 2004, was having the exact same issue, but with more water weeping from the holes. I replaced all the guts in that one and same thing, the gentle weeping.

There are no symptoms of a clogged or blocked vent pipe.

Any insight as to what may be causing this? I'm fairly handy but this one has me stumped, especially after the food coloring test and the water off test, and it occurring on both the old and new toilet.

Thanks

Yes level front to back and side to side. Would an unlevel toilet cause this?

I know an uneven bowl can make water leave the drip holes in an irregular pattern. Honestly, it could be to do with the manufacture of the toilet. Mansfield is not a toilet I would recommend. Stay tuned from more members to comment for more ideas.

I think, 241213.gif

it has to be either water adjustment level on the overflow

or a flapper not seated correctly

that is the only 2 places water enters the bowl, I am leaning towards flapper

simply because you said it leaks with water off.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies,

As I mentioned, I put some food coloring in the tank and none of the colored water went into the bowl. It's a one piece flush valve overflow plunger style valve. There is no chain to cause leak.

Frodo u mentioned water level adjustment on overflow valve. Are you referring to the water level in the tank?

Back