Water behind pressure guage glass

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geewiz

Reaction score
Greetings all:
Had this pressure gauge installed a few years ago along with a pressure reducing guage on the water supply line coming into the house.

Is the water behind the glass something that should be addressed, i.e. replacing the gauge?

Thanks for the insight!!

btcNWLcS5js2EzcCA

That’s one of the cheapest gauges you can get. I never trust them to last any more than 2-3 years. Replace it ASAP

Just buy another gauge that has reasonable accuracy(+/-2 to 3%). Stainless movements, if it's not too costly, would be nice. You can spend a lot of money on a gauge but nothing critical about this application.
You can hold onto the old one as a spare.
Hopefully you can isolate the gauge without much trouble, otherwise take this opportunity to add a shutoff right at the gauge, if you don't already have one.

Was the liquid always there? Some gauges are liquid filled with glycerine.

So, when water gets behind the glass like that, is there a risk of it rupturing?

Thanks for the feedback!

And the new one will get water in it eventually and prolly never drip. I blame it mostly on condensation. In this area our well houses are moist so the glass isn’t sealed. Condensation is my opinion. But new is safer. Get a glycerin filled one and you eliminate condensation

Latest posts

Back