Water always running in the toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbiriguda

Reaction score
The water is always running in 2 different toilets. In one of the 2 toilets I replaced I think 1 year ago the flapper and other parts. It should be new or almost new. Anyway perhaps I am missing something, maybe it was damaged or not properly installed. The problem during winter affects also the heating boiler because the water pressure becomes low, and so also the water supplying the heater has a low pressure and the heating stops due to an automatic block. What could it be and how could I solve?
Thanks

Check to make sure that the float is set such that, when the tank is full, the top of the water is about 1 inch below the top of the overflow pipe.

Some additional things to check if that doesn’t solve it:

Is the plastic seat on the flush valve where the flapper rests clean and smooth?

Does the fill valve stop completely when you lift the float?

Is the rubber hose on the flush valve too long? If the tip of that hose hangs down past the water level in the tank it can siphon. Not always, but I’ve fixed a few mystery running toilets by yanking most of that thing most of the way out of the big flush valve overflow drain pipe.

Thank you very much for your suggestions
In the meanwhile I called the plumber, he replaced all the pipes inside the cisterns of both toilets. He also replaced the water supply valves inside the cisterns
Will remember your suggestions for the future

Back