waste /plumbing isometric for permit

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtsaz

Reaction score
Hi- I bought some house plans and turned them into the city. They did not have some things that they were supposed to- such as the waste isometric, actually the letter says a below ground plan (under slab) and a plumbing isometric. I am a licensed hvac contractor- not a plumber--and this is above my paygrade. I dont know all the intricacies of what sizes of pipes go where and so on- and so I was wondering if someone could help me- if I emailed the plan and if you have some kind of software that could draw it- I would gladly pay you . Thanks

I am not that far along- I am just trying to get the permits. I thought the plans included this data- and am really disappointed that they do not have this or the attic ventilation drawing. That I can do--its this plumbing thing that I am stuck on--but it should have been included with the plans. Of course they are happy to do it- for 2000$ and 3 months. I just want to get this done. It got rejected because of these deficiencies.

In my jurisdiction the person who takes the plumbing permit out submits the plumbing isometric, that’s the plumber who is going to install the pipe.

A plumbing isometric isn’t required here for a general building permit.

I need them for the building permit. The city asked me to submit them- they didn't say "get the plumber who is going to do the job to do it"- usually the architect /draftsman supplies them. If anyone is interested let me know- its not a complicated plan- and if you are an experienced plumber or have software to do it my guess is it wouldn't take much time. Needless to say I am extremely frustrated with the company who made the plans.

If no one is interested I will look elsewhere. Thanks

Thanks. This is a new build. The house doesn't exist- only dirt and weeds. I am starting from scratch.

One of the first subcontractors you’ll need is a plumber. May as well go ahead and find one before you start work and get him to draw your iso. It’s easy......should only take him a few minutes.

Thank you---actually I did it. It took me a little practice- but it wasn't difficult. I just got the icc plumbing book and checked sizes of various pipes for different purposes. Now I am working on the plumbing for the above ground. The plumbing supplier is helping with that- so I should be good to go. The roof vent manufacturer did the roof vent diagram- using their products- so that makes it easy to know exactly what to buy. I did the manual J. The moral to the story is don't buy house plans on line. They tell you they are complete- but they are going to be missing site plan (obvious), manual J (obvious) plumbing isometrics and attic venting diagrams. The city also wants the electrical service panel location with gfci---not sure what they mean by that- obviously I have gfci outlets and breakers--so that is also missing. Far from complete as they advertise.

Thanks again.

They don’t even require an iso in my area unless your unlicensed homeowner DIY or it’s commercial job.

It’s good you had success, I hope it continues when the work starts. 👍

Back