waste line for 4 wall mounted toilets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex7003

Reaction score
Hi guys! Does anyone have experience connecting 4X wall mounted toilets to a waste line running behind the wall? Toilets are spaced 3 feet apart, so to keep 1/4" per foot slope, the line will need to be 9 x.25"=2.25" lower at the 4th toilet. Setup is similar to the one shown on a picture, just for 4 toilets.
Thanks!

Attachments

• wall toilet array.JPG
    wall toilet array.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
That's a very good pic of how it's done,there is also a spot to drill a sheild for a piece of 3/8" threaded rode to level the carrier from front to back,that is cast in the back of the carrier

I built a few in my days when I was in the field. We pre fabbed all the toilets for Ford Field here in Detroit. You can get away with 1/8" per foot. We set all our faceplates at handicap height to make it easier

It seems hard to run the waste line behind with a 1:48 slope and connect WC leveled together by using carriers with horizontal 4" stubs. Do I need to shift 3X non- ADA WC by -0.5" 0 +0.5" up/down from 15"? if I reduce slope to 1/8" per foot, it is a smaller shift, just -0.25", 0, +0.25" (WC at 15", ADA WC at 17") Is it how it is done?

P.S. Just talked to architect, he confirmed this type of approach on a similar installations...

Last edited:
The systems with multiple WCs are called "battery" installations.
JR Smith has a lot of different products to work with any layout you may have. Don't worry...there are products for all situations.
You should be able to look it all up from their website.
Your local wholesaler would typically have the binders with instructions and illustrations as well.
The local reps for JR Smith also would love for you to have a binder (presuming they still make them). You couldn't beat the reps away, they want every one to have them.
BIG tip: purchase the Smith Water Closet Setting Gauge, it makes life easier. 1663176999475.png

Back