Wasn't sure where to ask.

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Dishwisher

Reaction score
I'm attempting self-install of a replacement dishwasher.

I obtained an elbow for the water pipe from Loew's. Fits the hose connector on the dishwasher, but the 3/8 end for the water pipe is too small. Pipe has a 5/8" compression fitting.

This seems non-standard and I'm having trouble finding a replacement elbow. (Unfortunately, I didn't remove the one left attached to the old dishwasher before it was hauled away.)

I figure I'm doing something wrong here -- or is use of a 5/8" fitting not as odd as it seems?

I've posted this around a bunch of sites. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

Brian

Reaction score
If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like you're having a problem connecting your supply line to the 5/8" wall valve. I just installed a new dishwasher not too long ago and if i remember correctly, the water line I bought came with two adapters (1/2" and 5/8" I assume) that connect to the 3/8" end of the water line to enable a connection to the wall valve depending upon the size of the threads.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Can you get ahold of a 5/8"x3/8" reducing compression coupling?

majakdragon

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Lowes carries a large selection of brass and copper compression fittings. The DW should be a 3/8" elbow and the water supply line should be reduced at the main pipe where you tap into the supply.