Washing Machine water hook up problems!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingo

Reaction score
The attachment point where you hook up washer hose to water supply has rusted. The pipe threads are rusted out. Can I do a quick fix by attaching a rubber hose over rusted pipe with hose clamps and then attaching the washer hose shut off valve to the other end of rubber hose?20181220_195421.jpg 20181220_195315.jpg

The "dresser" @frodo refers to is what they call that type of coupling as it is also made by the Dresser Industries Company.
If you choose to go that route, I would clean up the existing pipe a bit first.
Do you have the option to simply remove that section of pipe (would need a couple of wrenches) and replace it with new piece?

Will I need any other equipment? Saw, adhesive or any thing. I'm real ignorant and unlearned in any type of plumbing. Also how do you brace or tie off the dresser. Thanks alot for all your help, the shut off valve started to leak 2 days ago and while removing the water hose it was so rusty it blew off. Tried to seat the new valve on but the threads are so deteriorated that it tried to go on crooked.

Will this coupling work on the metal pipes? Or should I go with a metal coupling? What type of wire do I need?

Will I need any other equipment? Saw, adhesive or any thing. I'm real ignorant and unlearned in any type of plumbing. Also how do you brace or tie off the dresser. Thanks alot for all your help, the shut off valve started to leak 2 days ago and while removing the water hose it was so rusty it blew off. Tried to seat the new valve on but the threads are so deteriorated that it tried to go on crooked.
What does the bottom of that pipe screw into?(picture)
Is there some reason why you can't just unscrew it and replace it with a new piece of pipe, rather than Rube Goldberg a patch job?

Latest posts

Back