Washing Machine Drains > Water comes up out of sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtsall

Reaction score
I thought I had fixed the issue by adding an additional air intake to the line but the other day the tenant drained the washer and then water was pouring out of the sink/drain, I'm wondering if it's because there may be a clog where the new pvc wastlines from the kitchen, meet an existing 2" cast iron pipe which meets the 4" wasteline that the bathrooms connect to. I haven't had any problems with the bathrooms. Does this sound plausible? if not then would adding yet another air intake to the line but after the sink waste, correct this issue? or do I need to take out the existing cast iron and put in more pvc?

Your a regular home owner? With a regular home ? And you know nothing about plumbing? Just knocking out the cast iron lovers. Remove all cast iron and steel plumbing from the wet system. You can leave the vent. Cast iron is the devil. Something is clogged. A snake will ruin pipe or poke a pencil hole in clog. Snakes are useless

Useless?? Hahah I use snakes and all the time on cast iron and gal pipe. If you know what your doing then you shouldn't have problems.

Your a regular home owner? With a regular home ? And you know nothing about plumbing? Just knocking out the cast iron lovers. Remove all cast iron and steel plumbing from the wet system. You can leave the vent. Cast iron is the devil. Something is clogged. A snake will ruin pipe or poke a pencil hole in clog. Snakes are useless

I'm a landlord, I know SOME things about plumbing but I paid a guy to finish the plumbing in this duplex because I didn't have time to deal with it. So trying to figure out what he did or didn't do right is a little more confusing, but I've had a clog from scaley cast iron before so it's not really that surprising if it's that 2 inch that is messed up. But thanks for the reply.

Useless?? Hahah I use snakes and all the time on cast iron and gal pipe. If you know what your doing then you shouldn't have problems.
You keep up the reputation of quick fix job security reputation we have as a profession. I like busting the norm and just fixing the problem. So I never come back for that problem. Residential service can always be fixed for near the cost of running those rat traps. Especially for a homeowner. Seen arms skinned to bone and an ear ripped off. I learned from his mistake of brining that thing off truck. You ever see a mans ear ripped you will find a safer way.

All because you do things a certain way where youre from doesnt mean the rest of the world is wrong. I do what the costumer can afford Plastic cannot be used in situations so cast iron has to be. It may not retain to THIS situation... but saying using a snake is useless is wrong... plastic plumbers need to learn ALL Aspects of plumbing.

yeah lol. Yeah we do. Never seen a spot where anyone said “ yeah that pvc rotted , better put some cast in so it lasts longer this time”. Lol

James have you ever been to Chicago. They to this day still use lead oakum on anything over 3 stories, PVC not allowed. To each there own. I would say most cast iron issues can be traced back to a home owner at one time using a harsh chemical on a slow drain. I prefer cast above ground as it is much quieter in wall.

James have you ever been to Chicago. They to this day still use lead oakum on anything over 3 stories, PVC not allowed. To each there own. I would say most cast iron issues can be traced back to a home owner at one time using a harsh chemical on a slow drain. I prefer cast above ground as it is much quieter in wall.
Lol I agree it’s quiter. But above 3 stories is not residential single family home. Your boilermaker and pipefitter friends here would laugh that your in a plumbers circle. When a high rise land lord starts asking questions I will totally respect your knowledge.

Latest posts

Back