Washing machine backing up thru toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rapidtexter

Reaction score
my washing machine is in garage..front toilet and shower on same wall...water from last wash load backed up and flooded thru toilet and shower drain...how bad and expensive of a problem is this??

my washing machine is in garage..front toilet and shower on same wall...water from last wash load backed up and flooded thru toilet and shower drain...how bad and expensive of a problem is this??

You probably just plugged up a pipe in that wall that will need to be snaked.

You probably just plugged up a pipe in that wall that will need to be snaked.
Thank you Chris...how hard is it to do that myself? Could I rent the snake and do or am I best to get a professional??

I have a small hand held snake that I use on clogs as long as they are within 20 feet. It is definitly something you can do and you can always rent a snake if you don't want to store one.

Does your toilet still flush? Did it back up into the shower and overflow onto the floor or did you actually see it backing up out of the toilet? If it came out of the toilet it is more than likely not just in the wall.

If the toilet is backing up, this tells me you have a main drain clog. Toilets are on a 3 or 4" drain line. They are also, normally, connected to the house main drain line.

If the toilet is backing up, this tells me you have a main drain clog. Toilets are on a 3 or 4" drain line. They are also, normally, connected to the house main drain line.

Agreed, the problem is further that the toilet. And not the washing machine line as it obviously pumped the water out the toilet!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back