Washer drain hose to bathroom sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac44

Reaction score
I bought a small clothes washer to put in our bathroom. It must drain to the bathroom sink but I cannot figure out a way to fasten the hose to the sink while the washer is in use. I bought the sink vanity at IKEA and there is no way to attach the hose and hold it near the sink drain. I would appreciate any ideas you experts (or novices) might have. I want this washer to work (for my wife).

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

It appears there's a barbed fitting on the drain up under the back of the sink. There may be a plug in it or the top may need to be cut off, but the drain will secure there with a hose clamp.

You also have an S trap configuration. This may make you vulnerable to the washing machine backing up in to the sink or siphonage of the trap seal causing sewer smell in your bathroom.

>You also have an S trap configuration. This may make you vulnerable to the >washing machine backing up in to the sink or siphonage of the trap seal causing >sewer smell in your bathroom.

Thank you so much for your advice.

How likely is it that the washing machine will back up into the sink causing a sewer smell? The washing machine is for washing diapers and has a small capacity?

You might be better off dumping that into your toilet bowl or bath tub.
that sink might not drain fast enough even though that is a small washer

Thank you David. I appreciate your professional advice!

Latest posts

Back