Vintage Gate Valve identification

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanpalin

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for an identification of the manufacture for this particular Gate valve. Pic's attached.

I'm at tail end of remodel and after using valve last night it started leaking out of stem. My end game is locating a rebuild kit for this model. hopefully they're still out there. I would like to prolong this valve replacement until i have the patience and time to replace. Thanks! ~Z

Gate1.JPG

Gate2.JPG

Gate3.JPG

Honestly it be cheaper and less time consuming to unthread it and replace with an ips ball valve

Yeah, I'm weighing that option and will most likely replace tomorrow if i cant find a kit. But, I have a feeling once i try and spin this off the rusty pipe that leads into crawl space and out to city that ill be opening up an even greater can o worms. As per usual with an older remodel, nothing is going as anticipated or expected. Way past personal deadline and over my budget. ugh...

Thanks for the advise and prompt reply.

Well, Gave it a shot... Off to the city website to fill out shut off request forms... Good times! Either way, thanks for the input guys.

Back