Vintage concrete sink w/cast iron drain connection

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravity_lovr

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an old farmhouse style two vessel sink in which both drains merge immediately into a cast iron Y fitting that had about 1/2 of broken pipe hanging down. I thought it was a threaded pipe, but after trying to unseize it I found that it was actually all the same piece and was broken off at the base of the taper. There are two bolt anchors, one on either side.

My question is; are there any fittings out there that will make that jump from standard drain pipe to this thing? Your karma is on the line...go!

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

IMG_5642.jpg

Save yourself the frustration. Unless you are truly a farmer with the ingenuity to try and fabricate something from whatever you might have lying around or find rummaging around the hardware store, your best bet is to drag it out the the pasture, plug the holes and use it for a water basin for the animals.
Then go buy a new one. A nice stainless steel one for a restaurant would be nice.

yeah generally the stainless steel ones for restaurants are way way way better if you can afford it!

Latest posts

Back