Viega pex sleeve press tool question?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handsome1

Reaction score
Hello, I use viega pureflow press tools and PEX sleevess for my pex piping. My 3/4" pureflow press tool has been moderately used and it is becoming easier to clamp than it was in the past. It has gotten to the point where it takes more effort to clamp my 1/2" press tool closed than it does my 3/4" press tool. I am worried that it may not be closing stiffly enough to make to proper crimp in the pex sleeve.
I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to recalibrate or adjust these pureflow press tools? I cannot see any way to adjust them, nor can I find any info on adjusting them online or on viega website? Other than occasionally oiling them they seem to be maintenance free. Am I missing something here? Has anyone else ever had this issue? I hate to have to buy a new pair if there is a way to adjust them as they are not cheap. Thanks.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 20
I've tried, over the last week, but nobody ever answers or has called me back after leaving a message. I'm not sure if their customer service is that bad, or if they are just shut down over the holidays? I've never tried contacting them before this last week so I don't know... Hopefully they will get back to me after they come back to work again now that the holidays are over. Thanks again.

I have had the same experience with Viega customer support in the past, leaving a message and never getting return communication. They make some great products, but it seems as though their customer support perhaps is lacking.

I have been watching this thread, because Viega PEXPress Bronze is my preferred "top tier" water system, and my manual crimp tools are starting to get some age on them.

I have an update. I called a few of the local plumbing supply houses in my area and found one that sells viega tools. The gentleman that I spoke with there informed me that there is no way to adjust the tool. And he has had a couple of other customers bring in their Viega pureflow press tools in for the same problem that mine are having. Each time he has sent them into Viega for warranty and Viega "Denied" the warranty coverage in both cases. So he told me not to bother.
So it appears as though Viega is not honoring their warranties. So keep that in mind when making future purchases from viega. They do make quality products though. Well at least for the price I am assuming so. And I will have to bite the bullet and buy a new pair tomorrow for $180 cause I got to have them. Hopefully I will have better luck this time around. I've personally not had an issue with their hand tools before so hopefully it was just a fluke.

Last edited:
Viega is a family owned German company with operations in the USA. Before investing in another expensive tool, you might consider writing a polite inquiry to the German home office. European customer service is far superior to that in the USA and the Germans usually work hard to maintain their reputation. Explain to them that customer service isn't returning calls and the warranty hasn't been honored by their USA employees. That might just light a fire here and get you some warranty service.

Thanks, that is some good advice. I will still have to buy another pair cause I cannot wait for that process to unfold, but maybe they would send me another pair to replace my old ones and I can have 2 sets on hand thanks again.

Latest posts

Back