Video Inspection - seeking second opinions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benson504

Reaction score
Long story short... I used Rotorooter and took them at their word that there was a break in the main drain line that was causing a clog and water to back up. They did a video inspection that I didn't actually view before agreeing to an excavation for them to replace a section of the main drain. Unfortunately I don't think this work was actually necessary. I'm wondering if anybody here can view the inspection video and give me a second opinion on whether or not they see anything definitive in the initial video inspection. It seems highly suspect to me. I am posting a link to it. The second video taken on 3/13 post excavation is very clear , but I am wondering specifically about the video shot on 3/10 and at what point in the video does it show a break in the line.

Thanks!

Last edited:
There is a break in the line and the sewer looks to be in not very good shape . 23 years at honest Roto rooter franchisee and 33 years total . Plenty of not so honest ones . The one broken spot should have at the least been dug up and repaired . The other offsets do not look ideal but should not be the problem causing blockages

Back