Vertical radiator on single stud?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phloaw

Reaction score
Hi, I have an internal, decorated drywall with poor studding: from left to right, there is a 22mm wide (i.e., horizontally parallel to the wall) stud, then a 38mm stud (the two studs are spaced 60cm), then the jack stud of the door.
I need to hang a ~2500 BTUs radiator (I have gas central heating), and I'd prefer to avoid both hanging on plasterboard and adding battens/noggins to fix the brackets.

So I thought to fit a vertical radiator (total width 27cm) by fixing all the four brackets to the 38mm stud via steel plates/flat brackets similar to this one:
https://res.cloudinary.com/rsc/image/upload/b_rgb:FFFFFF,c_pad,dpr_1.0,f_auto,h_281,q_auto,w_500/c_pad,h_281,w_500/F3975008-01?pgw=1

Would that work and be doable?
Any suggestion welcome.

American here, I literally have to Google each MM dimension to inches.

No idea what the weight/material is for the radiator.

Judging by your description, you may have to sister the "22mm" stud before adding a load beyond just drywall.

I think i would screw a piece of 3/4" plywood to multiple studs and fastens to the plywood. I'm not sure of the jargen you speak.

Latest posts

Back