Venting toilet pair

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmprPF

Reaction score
See attached PDF for question about venting two toilets that drain under a slab.

Toilet drains and main drain are 4", drawing shows preferred plan view schematic. Red line on drawing shows alternative layout of venting for the toilets -- would rather not use the alternative if the black lines shown are sufficient, as it requires more fittings and pipe.

I'm an amateur plumber, but with some experience successfully installing various PVC DWV systems.

Portions of the black lines in the layout showing the toilet drainage use what is called wet venting, I assume. No distances are shown in the diagram. Can this design be used according to UPC and is it good practice, depending on length of connection to main drain?

Note that the toilet drains will connect to the main drain through wye fittings, turned in the horizontal 45 degrees, using a pair of street 45 ells to connect to the wye.

View attachment DWV_ToiletVenting.pdf

IF I am understanding your drawing correctly, both the vent for the water closets and the shower will be flat dry vents, which is against code in most places. The vent needs to rise with at least a 45 degree angle from flat off of the line that it is venting until it gets at least 6" above the fixtures that it is venting.

Back