Venting question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Mounce

Reaction score
I am building a small cabin and have a plumbing venting question. My tub, toilet, vanity sink, and washing machine sit next to each other along a wall in that order. I hope to use a common 3 or 4 inch drain that they will all hook to starting with the tub and working down the list. This pipe will be running under the cabin so they all will have p traps before they hook in. I was hoping to put in a single vent into the drain line just before the tub and have it run up the wall and out the cabin. Will this work? The vent can be 2 to 3 inches (I was thinking 2 1/2 since I already have that pipe). So the order of connection the to main drain would be; vent pipe, tub a few inches past it, toilet about 30 inches past it, vanity another 30 inches, and the washer another 30 inches past the vanity. Any and all advice would be appreciated

Last edited:
Wow Thanks! It took me a while to understand your drawing but I see how your way is far better. I do have 2 other questions. 1. Item number 6 is a 3 inch 90 - could that be a 3inch 90 with a washout cap on the other end? That would all me access in case of clogs. 2. Can the 2 vents (lav and washer) just run separately not tying together? I have very little space in attic and it would be easier to just have 2 vents. I realize 1 vent is usually preferred to minimize roof openings.

Latest posts

Back