Vent piping

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you all for your help...but I have the last question that I want to ask

If I have a false ceiling in the bathroom I will run the vent piping through walls to false ceiling level and move above false ceiling...right?

assume that I have no false ceiling ...will I run the pips in walls to the point of connection to the vent stack ?

Last edited:
Yes you can do either way as long as the horizontal lines are 6" above the flood rim of the highest fixture. Which in your case will be the sinks. Also keep in mind that the vent lines must be pitched back towards the drains.

John

Quite simply, horizontal vent piping that is less than 6" above the flood level rim of the fixture it serves is not allowed, either above or below ground. Vent piping is allowed above and below ground, provided it meets all other requirements of the code. The way you want to design it is against code. whether it is below or above ground.

I run the risk of sounding "uptight", but why is this such a sticking point for you? The intent of the code seems quite clear to me, and it also seems quite clear that what you are drawing violates that code.

The floor plan that you have posted is somewhat simple, and should be relatively easy to install in a manner that complies with code.

Thanks johnjh2o :)
Thanks phishfood :)
Thank you all :)

Now every thing is clear. The problem was with the person who learned me plumbing....It seems that he is not qualified.....any way thank you all for your interest....but I have the last inquiry....As you clarify above the vent piping will not be allowed to run horizontally before the 6" height above the fixture rim....so the drain pipe should be vented in the position that it run below a wall..to extend the pipe in the wall to the required level....In some cases the fixture drain do not pass below any wall until it reaches the stack...How can we vent such fixtures ?
This case is found in the posted drawing (The individual WC on the right hand side)

the WC that I was talking about in my last post is indicated below

imageupload.org
[/URL][/IMG]

The drain of this WC do not pass below any wall...So how we can vent it?

Last edited:
No vent for that water closet is only part of the problem with your drawing. It took me about 5 minutes of thought when you first posted this drawing to come up with a way to pipe it. If you aren't capable of doing the same, then you have no business designing plumbing installations.

Phishfood

Not you who decide if the plumbing is my business or not. If you can help me please do but If you can not please do not visit this page again.

Thanks

minimum size of underground piping here in canada is 2" but what is being referred to is a flat vent or a horizontal circuit vent which would be a dry vent connection to a soil or waste pipe conforming to all aplicablle codes ( must use drainage fittings below flood level rim, must have an accesablle cleanout installed to serve the sub soil vent piping and must attach above the horizontal plane of the DWV piping it serves. )

not to offend, but phishfood is correct in his statement that this should be a simple to design system, commonly w.c's are vented through the lav in a wet vented configuration and such configuration must be 2" minimum to vent the W.C. in YOUR drawing some of the W.c.'s must have individual vents installed to serve the Toilets as far as i can see at a quick glance, these would be dry vents taken off above the horiziontal centerline of the waste pipe or by several other means .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back