Vacuums

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
What do you guys own? I have to buy a new one and the Dirt Devils I buy break down every year and it cost more to fix it then replace it.

I have one of those 1500 dollar Tri Stars that has been great for about ten years now and never given a problem. that said, spend a hundred bucks every few years and it will be cheaper.

I have a dyson. Absolute beauty. Mine was like 500 bucks. You can probably get yours a bit cheaper in the states. No belts and its bagless. Best vacuum I've ever owned

I have a Royal. Same manufacturing as Dirt Devil. Not very happy with it. Had a Kenmore before it, y'know the kind that lay flat with the flex hose and all the fixins' inside. Loved it and worked it like a rented mule for 15 years. Ahhh, the memories. Everybody that I know who has a Dyson loves em'.

She went out and bought a Hoover. I was going to drop some serious money on one to keep from having to re-buy, but this one has a warranty, so that's positive.

And it's broken. Seriously. I have to send it the manufacturer for the warranty to be honored?

Dang.

Do what I do. Go buy another one of the exact model, put your broken one into the box, and return it saying their product stinks :D

Do what I do. Go buy another one of the exact model, put your broken one into the box, and return it saying their product stinks :D

I'm going to have to do that. She doesn't have the receipt (although I asked her to hang on to it) and no one will honor the warranty without it.

Should have dropped some cash on one.

That's what I get for being a back seat husband.

I'm in a similar situation with a new cookware set. My wife got a "great deal" on it and I already warned her not to go cheap. It came with a warranty that doesn't cover the crap-factor of it's uselessness. And, since it was used, nobody will take it back. "How do you know if it works if you don't use it" I asked. "Sorry sir, we don't take back used cookware unless there is a defect in manufacturing or materials." "But the defect is that it can't be used for anything but boiling water. Everything scorches and sticks no matter what non-stick products I use at any temperature." I replied.
"But it does boil water without problems? Is that right, sir?"
"Yes, but I didn't pay for a 16 piece cookware set just to boil water. By the way, you sure aren't selling your product's quality very well by agreeing that it's only use is for boiling water. Maybe I'll just buy a better product for more money from somebody else..."
She replies, "Maybe that would be a better idea, sorry i couldn't help you, sir."
Guess I got burned...:rolleyes:

The cheap ends up expensive. Keith says that to me every time I buy something.

Latest posts

Back