Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron Hoehne

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a couple vacuum breaker sizing issues that I need to sort out. I'm not a professional plumber and I've been asked to explain sizing issues with vacuum breakers in specific situations (this is a weird one, I know). All the information they gave me is this:

'Provide a few sizing problems and go over the math.

1 - 1/4" cold water line feeding a water heater.

2 - 1/2" cold water line feeding a water heater. The largest VV available is 3/4".'

I'm not even sure what a VV would be, ha. If some experienced plumbers could give me some insight here, it would be much appreciated.

Hey all,

I have a couple vacuum breaker sizing issues that I need to sort out. I'm not a professional plumber and I've been asked to explain sizing issues with vacuum breakers in specific situations (this is a weird one, I know). All the information they gave me is this:

'Provide a few sizing problems and go over the math.

1 - 1/4" cold water line feeding a water heater.

2 - 1/2" cold water line feeding a water heater. The largest VV available is 3/4".'

I'm not even sure what a VV would be, ha. If some experienced plumbers could give me some insight here, it would be much appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27:The+international+Association+of+Plumbing+and+Mechanical+Officials+(IAPMO)&s=relevancerank&text=The+international+Association+of+Plumbing+and+Mechanical+Officials+(IAPMO)&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1

Oregon plumbing code
i believe you are UPC
the code book is going to run you about 100 bucks
and it has 2 chapters in it on what you want.

you are asking for waaaaay to much info to 'splain on here
cause i am lazy and type with one finger

Latest posts

Back