Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Cameron Hoehne

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a couple vacuum breaker sizing issues that I need to sort out. I'm not a professional plumber and I've been asked to explain sizing issues with vacuum breakers in specific situations (this is a weird one, I know). All the information they gave me is this:

'Provide a few sizing problems and go over the math.

1 - 1/4" cold water line feeding a water heater.

2 - 1/2" cold water line feeding a water heater. The largest VV available is 3/4".'

I'm not even sure what a VV would be, ha. If some experienced plumbers could give me some insight here, it would be much appreciated.

frodo

Just call me Macgyver
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right here right now, over there later on.
Hey all,

I have a couple vacuum breaker sizing issues that I need to sort out. I'm not a professional plumber and I've been asked to explain sizing issues with vacuum breakers in specific situations (this is a weird one, I know). All the information they gave me is this:

'Provide a few sizing problems and go over the math.

1 - 1/4" cold water line feeding a water heater.

2 - 1/2" cold water line feeding a water heater. The largest VV available is 3/4".'

I'm not even sure what a VV would be, ha. If some experienced plumbers could give me some insight here, it would be much appreciated.
https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27:The+international+Association+of+Plumbing+and+Mechanical+Officials+(IAPMO)&s=relevancerank&text=The+international+Association+of+Plumbing+and+Mechanical+Officials+(IAPMO)&ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1

Oregon plumbing code
i believe you are UPC
the code book is going to run you about 100 bucks
and it has 2 chapters in it on what you want.

you are asking for waaaaay to much info to 'splain on here
cause i am lazy and type with one finger