Utility Sink Install Set-Up

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oclemon

Reaction score
I am considering adding a utility sink to my existing laundry room and want to make sure it's drained/vented properly.

The set-up is shown in the pictures below, where the red-box represents the location of the sink. My inclination is to replace the fitting from the washer drain with a double wye and to run the sink drain to (outside of the wall to avoid the cut-out for the dryer exhaust.

Does that make sense? Is there a better or easier way to do it? Thanks in advance.

utility sink.png

you could use a double t y but I would also install a dandy cleanout just above the flood level of both fixtures...sometime when you snake thru a dbl ty it can go from one side to the other with the dandy cleanout insures you a direct shot to the drain without the mess...you could just add an access panel to cover it

you could use a double t y but I would also install a dandy cleanout just above the flood level of both fixtures...sometime when you snake thru a dbl ty it can go from one side to the other with the dandy cleanout insures you a direct shot to the drain without the mess...you could just add an access panel to cover it

a double tee?
where is that water going to go when the pump on the washer kicks on?

Latest posts

Back