Use of Ridx in a non-septic ejector pump?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverEarly

Reaction score
I have an ejector pit with a Zoeller pump (tether float) I think is stuck, as the pump cycles every 15 minutes and the only gray water trickling in, is from the drain line of my A/C unit. Accessing the pump is a project in, and of itself. This is for a rarely used basement toilet which has since been turned off.
My first thought was that solid matter has attached itself to the float hindering its’ travel, so I wondered if a small amount of RidX in a non-septic setting might loosen up the contents of the pit. TY

Could be ground water getting into the pit.
Although Chicago is currently in drought.

Could be a broken water line leaking under the concrete and into the pit.

Could be a bad check valve, and sewer water from elsewhere is backing up in the drain line and going into the pit.

Let the pit fill up higher, maybe higher level will float the switch free.
Unplug the pump for an hour or two, watch pit cover for leakage.

Turn the toilet back on, flush the toilet a dozen times.
The rushing water might clear up the sticky switch, or knock off tp or debris that is hanging it up.

It could also be choking on a tampon or toilet wipes, and the thermal reset is turning it off and on.

I like the bad check valve theory. Depending on the piping and on/off differential it may be getting a lot of backflow and therefore only requiring a little water to cycle the pump again and again.

Latest posts

Back