Upside down shower only valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Knecht

Reaction score
Using a Delta 10000 PFS Pex WS for hand held shower next to a bench. I would like to have the drop ear/ wall elbow below the valve, so that, the hose will be out of the way ad hang nicely.
Since it is a shower only valve, any problem installing the valve upside down. Of course, connect hot on left and cold on right.

You can route the drop ear wherever you want. You don’t have to flip the valve.

I would use two, 90 PEX bends, but concerned with flow loss. I've seen several posts, here and there, where Delta 10000 valves can and be flipped. However, I am willing to learn.
I don’t have much experience installing Delta shower valves myself. I have replaced a lot of cartridges...haha

Thanks everyone. I ended up installing the valve in the prescribed manner with 90 elbows where a Pex 90 bend would not fit. Fire it up tomorrow to test for leaks, gpm and psi.

I really appreciate all your help, patience and expertise.

Thanks everyone. I ended up installing the valve in the prescribed manner with 90 elbows where a Pex 90 bend would not fit. Fire it up tomorrow to test for leaks, gpm and psi.

I really appreciate all your help, patience and expertise.

Almost there..

I, maybe out of sequence, connected the shower supplies at the trunk line in the crawlspace first. Now when I'm connecting the pex at the valve with a pex bend, there is a decent amount of torque, pushing the pex tube 30-45 degrees toward the front wall. This is because there are two 90 pex bends in brackets perpendicular to one another. Should I disconnect the fitting in the crawl, so that, the tubing relaxes than reconnect ?

Thank you!

Back