Update to Jury-Rig system under sink - New problem: drips

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicine

Reaction score
I've modified the Jury Rig under my sink from this post: http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/f8/what-4th-inlet-size-pic-5126/

to the following pictures below:

To recap:

Making a sink faucet quick release part for a portable clothing washer machine work from coming off the water inlets under the sink.
I split the cold water inlet with a great inlet extension pressurized piece that I found at a Truvalue hardware instead of home depot.

Then I replaced the original jury rig with the proper thread connections.

Sink faucet connection converted to hose thread piece then converted to pipe thread piece.

I have different on-off thingies as you can see.

Now I have leaks.

I have a leak on the right side of the photo where the galavanized iron piece meets the male-male adaptor piece and again where the wall end of the on-off piece meets the copper pipe extension piece.

Is the correct solution:
1) get a better and bigger pipe wrench and bigger cresecent wrench? (I'm having a problem where my medium size crescent wrench is slipping off the nut on the copper "on-off" piece -- I'm worried about rounding it.
2) re-doing the teflon on the pieces?
3) call a plumber?
4) do nothing, use a bucket under it and hope that the water corodes the drip closed?

Thanks for your help,

I'm not sure if the picture upload shows the drip location, the forum drastically reduced the size of the photos.

IMG_20131130_162336.jpg

IMG_20131130_162128.jpg

IMG_20131130_162117.jpg

IMG_20131130_162113.jpg

I have never had much luck at all using just teflon tape to seal metal threads.

I am currently using a high quality tape and Rectorseal #5 pipe dope, and leaks on threaded joints are a very rare occurrence for me these days.

Back