Quantcast

[update] home water pressure problem

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

henrydanger

Reaction score
Today is day 4 of our house losing water pressure. Unfortunately our plumbing company can't get out here for a week or two. Here's the details in case anyone has ideas about what I can try. We have a well and a Culligan filtration system. Pressure has been going out overnight, and now started going out during the day too. If I go down to the [unfinished] basement, I can open a valve and let water flow onto the ground, which gets a pump/meter ticking, and kickstarts the system and pressure returns for a few hours. It's been cold here this week, but I don't think that frozen pipes are the issue. Maybe the system needs to be bled or something [I just had the hydronic heating system bled two weeks ago, but don't think that's related to this?]. Also, Culligan hasn't been out for over two years, so there are probably some filters that need to be replaced, etc...

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Most filtration systems will have a bypass set up with valves so that you can go around the filters. Start with that just to see what comes next.
Metro guy here: I've never seen a well, so sorry