Unorthodox Washer setup 4th pipe drain line??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccortez

Reaction score
B04DE81C-2A56-450C-96CE-3C5FCF11338D.jpeg
So the wife just noticed water running in the early morning behind our washer. We just had it installed yesterday afternoon. I’m wondering if anyone has seen this outlet box set up before with a 4th pipe and, more importantly, where is this pipe on the left draining from or to? Is it something they failed to cap off during install or does it serve a purpose such as another drain? Quick help! Thank you all.

It's not for your washer, from the looks of it. It's in the wall, and it's obviously been there quite a while, so it's probably a drip line coming from above?

Do you have a furnace or something else above there?

It's not for your washer, from the looks of it. It's in the wall, and it's obviously been there quite a while, so it's probably a drip line coming from above?

Do you have a furnace or something else above there?
I did notice it was intermittent stopping and starting throughout the night. But sometimes it would come out quite forcefully. I don’t have a furnace located near there. I’m just trying to figure out where it’s coming from!

Back