UberHaus Shower Faucet, No HOT water!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

platonik93

Reaction score
Hi there, I am recently having issue with the shower faucet in the guest bathroom in a new construction. The faucet brand is UberHaus (Canadian Rona generic brand), I am only able to get cold water and whenever I turn it to hot, it does not flow, and If I position the faucet to just start opening the cold water valve, I hear synchronous rumbling coming from the ceiling where the main hot water PEX get distributed around the house. I've been reading that it may be caused by calcite sediment in the faucet cartridge, I am trying to remove it right now but I have no clue how to without breaking anything. I attached a pic:

HohXiY8mXDlR4F7rIOgqXhh9AH1s_6M39AtZgv8nUlw

Any help would be appreciated.

Managed to remove cartridge, cleaned it, and hot water came back, I have one issue still is that I cant shut the water till no more water exits, I still get a small-medium stream of water coming out, the O-ring looks undamaged. Does anyone can point me to the model no. of this cartridge for a replacement? I've been looking for more than a hour now and still no luck. The faucet is branded Uber Haus.

Lfu0It0WlH5Xj6ddfVGHuhOlehSW13oQexM6FvEuuRg

d8tks60A50agyjaMgY-evm8DAnbFQoxADxwiiZGnLGw

ZfyzrPheMtBxjpkySfGpHuLc_6yx6pLPtL3SRZAMH68

Nvm, I found it, ended up contacting Rona. part no. is 8037-A507902

I am going to order a new cartridge, but I still have one question, during the installation of the new cartridge, should I put silicon grease or any other grease to facilitate the installation?

Many times the distributor will include a small tube of the clear silicone to aid with installation. I often will use the silicone that is used for pool equipment. It is safe for o rings.

I have an UBERHAUS shower value. I am trying to take off the cartridge. How did you do it plantonike93?

Back