Type L Copper Elbows?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregJ7

Reaction score
I need to add some 3/4" copper pipe right after the 3/4" valve for all the water coming into my condominium. It is so that I have a length of pipe to wrap the conductors for a water descaler around before the pipe branches into multiple directions. It is going to require a number of 90° elbows. From reading descriptions of types of copper pipe it seems that Type L pipe is what I need, however, I only saw one kind of elbow in each of two big box stores and they weren't marked with their wall thickness—although they appeared (to my untrained eye) to be thinner than the type L straight pipe wall thickness. My water pressure is 52 psi. Can I use those copper elbows in this application? (I have a lot of other options for supplies than the couple of stores I checked.)

Usually L or M refers to the copper tubing itself.

Don’t know your local code requirements but if your pressure is only 52psi I would say those thinner wall fittings should work fine. 52 psi is not high. Just my opinion not knowing exactly the wall thickness

Latest posts

Back