Two tank system with inlet and outlet in same tank?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technologyrocks

Reaction score
Hi,

We had a septic system put in two years ago by a licensed installer. We suddenly started having water flowing out from the top of the tank. The septic company we had come look at it and pump it said they were shocked that the inlet from the house was installed about 12" away from the outlet to the bed - all in the same tank, in a two tank system. So the second tank is essentially only serving the purpose of extra storage space. They said they had never seen someone screw it up that badly before.

Just looking for opinions before we go back to the installer. I don't want to just take the word of the people pumping it out without getting some verification... but everything I've read online over the last couple of hours seems to show one tank being inlet, the other being outlet - separated for a reason. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

In my area you need an engineering plan approved by the municipality, and then inspected by that same engineer . I would check on if the plan exist and if the permit was given and if so who inspected it and if the installer had all the right licences.

Lots of bad septic systems. Pele who need them live in the boonies don't think to have a county inspector log and approve these things. Everyone messes up.

A drawing would be better than your explanation.

Back