Two pressure switches?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKMRN

Reaction score
Installing a hauled water system on a new modular home. Water stored in 2500 gallon tank and delivered via a Goulds J7s shallow well pump that has a pressure switch internally. Then purchased a tank tee (that will be installed on a pressurized tank) that also has a pressure switch included. Am thinking that this setup, with dual pressure switches, it just asking for trouble (especially when I believe one is set at 30/50 and the other at 40/60 psi). Should I just leave the pressure switch off the tank tee and utilyze the one built into the well pump or use both and make sure they are set at the same psi?

Sorry, I'm just not sure what the response had to do with my question. I have the equipment and certainly don't need anything else. If anything, I have redundancies and wanted info on how someone with cistern or well pump experience would handle the aforementioned issue.

Looked at previous post to see if I was unclear, but not sure I can explain any better. Have a holding tank with water that will enter a shallow well pump. The pump has a pressure switch set at 30-50 I believe. The water leaves the pump and hits a tank tee that is "T'd" into a pressurized holding tank. The "T" manifold has all the parts separate, including another pressure switch. Set at 40-60 I believe. I can either use only the pressure switch on the pump and leave the one off the "T", try to disable the pressure switch in the pump (not sure if that is an option), or use the pressure switch on the pump as well as attaching the one to the "T" and making sure both pressure switches are set the same (possibly not an easy task).

Again, not sure if my description is difficult to visualize, but I guess the basic question is, can you, or should you ever, duplicate a pressure switch in a line feeding one source?

Did you not look at the wiring diagram for Jet Pumps? NO you cannot use two switches. You want to use the one closest to the tank. You don't have to remove the switch on the pump, just wire around it as shown in the "Jet pump wiring instructions".

wiring diagram.jpg

Back