Two new drainage pipes installed at different depths, plumber advises lift station $14,000

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thimker

Reaction score
Could I get some advice on alternatives to a lift station? The problem started with a blockage in drainage pipe. Some background: 6 unit bldg in very old, small hotel, with 3 rooms on each level. The rooms have one shower, one sink, and one toilet each. On one end, the upstairs and downstairs rooms had new pipe laid to the cesspit (septic tank?). Working fine.

The other 4 units were worked on by a different plumber. He hooked up all the bathrooms and laid the beginning of the pipe to the septic tank. Then quit. It turned out that his pipe was about 12 inches lower than the first pipe, therefore could not be joined to it.

Third plumber suggests a lift station to pump sewage from second pipe up to first pipe. In the Bahamas, his quote is $14,000. This is to service 4.showers and 4 sinks and 4 toilets, which are used about 15 days per month each.

Is there another way? Could a parallel, but lower line, be laid to the cesspit? Or another cesspit installed behind the building? I was told that wasn't possible because the heavy machinery cannot get to the area to dig. Do humans ever dig cesspits?

Please give me your advice and opinions. This has been going on for months. Thank you very much.

You can try to look into something like this or similar. I had purchased one of these back in September for around 4k.

2448-Series (libertypumps.com)

I like those type systems but prefer to build the system myself. I can customize it and it’s less expensive.

I buy a spun fiberglass basin and drill the holes the size and the location I want them. Then depending on application I decide which pump and what control panel I use.

Back