Turning 1/2 bath into 3/4 bath, seems straight forward, are there any code compliance isssues I need to be aware of?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterjer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have what seems like a pretty straight forward project - adding a shower to a 1/2 bath. This is in Washington state, so I believe UPC prevails. I am expanding the bathroom into the garage space, and adding a shower into the new space. I plan to tie into the existing water supply to the sink and run new copper to the shower. My main concern is whether there is anything I need to be aware of when tying into the drain system. I plan to connect the shower drain to the existing sink/toilet drain. There is a vent stack in the wall and a crawl space below so I have room to work. Is this really a straight forward project like I think it should be, or are there other considerations I should be aware of?

Thanks all!

Did I read that right? You have a crawl space below the garage space you are expanding into?
No crawl space under the garage, but there is a crawl space under the existing bathroom that is adjacent to the garage. The garage is a slab about 2' lower than the house floor.

Back