Tubing Material for Dishwasher Supply Line ??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Triplett

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm installing a new dishwasher. The old 3/8 (O.D.) copper line is trashed. Can I use 3/8 polyethylene tubing for the (hot water) supply line? OR... I know they sell 3/8 faucet supply lines at Lowes that are pex. So, do they make 3/8 pex tubing in at least 5 foot lengths that I could use?

Thank you - - - Dave

Hi Dave, Dave here.

If 5 ft is all you need, it sounds like your easiest solution would be to grab a 5 ft braided supply line (sold at Lowes, or anywhere else). Run that from the dishwasher to however far back you feel you need to replace the copper. They even make longer ones if you need more. Cut your copper line, and pop on a compression angle stop, which hooks right up to the supply line.

The braided lines are best, and what my company uses, for navigating through floors or cabinets, or however we need to get to the water line. A lot easier than using tubing, and having to make all the twists and turns necessary to get back to a dishwasher.

Little late response, but I hope that helps.

Dear Helper Dave - Braided line sounds perfect. I was worried about making all the twists and turns with copper and making it look terrible (even though it's hidden) and worried about kinking it.
Thank you for the excellent advice !!

Latest posts

Back